1. What Data We Collect
We collect certain data from you directly, information you enter yourself, data about your Platform activity, such as lessons, communication with teachers, and account information
1.1 Data You Provide to Us
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the Platform. Below are some examples to help you better understand the data we collect.
When you create an account and use the Platform, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
|Account Data||In order to use certain features (like booking a lesson), you need to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your location address, email address, password, gender, and date of birth, and assign you a unique identifying number (“Account Data”).|
As a Teacher or Teacher Applicant, Certain profile information is required in order for you to use the Platform a profile photo, biography, performance media, or other relevant data. Your Profile Data will be publicly accessible by other Users
|Lesson Data||When you book a lesson, We collect certain data including which lessons you’ve booked and completed; your exchanges with instructors, and other students; and other items submitted to satisfy lesson booking requirements.|
|Student Payment Data||If you book a lesson, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name and post code) as necessary to process your booking. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and post code. For security, Music Teaching Online does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.|
The data listed above is stored by us and associated with your account.
1.2 Automated Data We Collect
When you access the Platform (including searching for teachers), we collect certain data by automated means, including:
|Usage Data||Usage statistics about your interactions with the Platform, including lessons booked, time spent on pages or the Platform, pages visited, features used, your search queries, click data, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the Platform (“Usage Data”).|
2. How We Obtain Data About You
We use tools like cookies and analytics services to gather the data listed above. Some of these tools offer you the ability to opt out of data collection.
2.1 Cookies and Data Collection Tools
Music Teaching Online and service providers acting on our behalf (like Google Analytics) use server log files and automated data collection tools like cookies, tags, scripts, customized links, device or browser fingerprints, and web beacons (together, “Data Collection Tools”) when you access and use the Platform. These Data Collection Tools automatically track and collect certain System Data and Usage Data when you use the Platform.
Music Teaching Online uses the following types of cookies:
- Preferences: cookies that remember data about your browser and preferred settings that affect the appearance and behavior of the Platform.
- Security: cookies used to enable you to log in and access the Platform; protect against fraudulent logins; and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
- Session State: cookies that track your interactions with the Platform to help us improve the Platform and your browsing experience, remember your login details should you choose to do so, and enable processing of your lesson bookings. These are strictly necessary for the Platform to work properly, so if you disable them then certain functionalities will break or be unavailable.
We use third-party browser Google Analytics on the Platform. These services use Data Collection Tools to help us analyze your use of the Platform, including information like the third-party website you arrive from, how often you visit, events within the Platform, usage and performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We use this data to improve the Platform, better understand how the Platform performs on different devices, and provide information that may be of interest to you.
3. What We Use Your Data For
We use your data to provide you with a personalized experience on the Platform, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, secure against fraud and abuse, improve and update our Platform, analyze how people use our Platform, serve personalized advertising, and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity.
We use the data we collect through your use of the Platform to:
- Provide and administer the Platform, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users;
- Process your requests and bookings for lessons, specific services, information, or features;
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from teachers and admin, notifications about changes to our Platform, and updates to our agreements;
- Manage your account preferences;
- Facilitate the Platforms' technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Platform, and preventing fraud and abuse;
- Market and administer surveys and promotions administered or sponsored by Music Teaching Online;
- Improve our Platform and develop new products, services, and features;
- Analyze trends and traffic, track lesson bookings, and track usage data;
- As required or permitted by law;
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Platform.
4. Who We Share Your Data With
We share certain data about you with teachers, companies performing services for us, our business partners, analytics and data enrichment providers, companies helping us run promotions and surveys, and advertising companies who help us promote our Platform. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring.
- With Your Teachers: We share data that we have about you (except your email address) with teachers for lesson bookings and inquiries, so they can improve their lesson content and experience for you and other students. This data may include things like your city, country, browser language, and your activities on the Platform. If we collect additional data about you, we may share that too. We will not share your email address with teachers, and any message communication will take place through the Platform.
- With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services, email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
- With Analytics and Data Enrichment Services: As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics, we share certain contact information, Account Data, System Data, Usage Data (as detailed in Section 1).
- To Administer Promotions and Surveys: we may share your data as necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions and surveys you choose to participate in, as required by applicable law, or in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey.
- For Advertising: If we decide to offer advertising in the future, we may use and share certain System Data and Usage Data with third-party advertisers and networks to show general demographic and preference information among our users. We may also allow advertisers to collect System Data through Data Collection Tools (as detailed in Section 2.1), and to use this data to offer you targeted ad delivery to personalize your user experience and undertake web analytics. Advertisers may also share with us the data they collect about you. To learn more or opt out from participating ad networks’ behavioral advertising, see Section 6.1 (Your Choices About the Use of Your Data) below.
- For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid request;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Music Teaching Online, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Platform.
We use appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of data being stored. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always a risk of unauthorized access, so it’s important to protect your password and to contact us if you suspect any unauthorized access to your account.
Music Teaching Online takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Music Teaching Online, the Platform, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Platform will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns.
6. Your Rights
You have certain rights around the use of your data, including the ability to opt out of promotional emails, cookies, and collection of your data by certain analytics providers. You can update or terminate your account from within our Platform, and can also contact us for individual rights requests about your personal data. Parents who believe we’ve unintentionally collected personal data about their underage child should contact us for help deleting that information.
6.1 Your Choices About the Use of Your Data
You can choose not to provide certain data to us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Platform.
- To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe option in the promotional communication you receive or by changing. Note that regardless of your email preference settings, we will still need to send you transaction and relationship messages regarding the Platform, including administrative confirmations, lesson booking confirmations, important updates about the Platform, and notices about our Agreement.
- The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local data storage. Your wireless device may also allow you to control whether location or other data is collected and shared.
- To opt out of allowing Google Analytics, to use your data for analytics or enrichment, see the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- To view Zoom Video conferencing software Privacy and Legal Policies please navigate here Zoom Privacy and Legal Policy
If you have any questions about your data, our use of it, or your rights, contact us at email@example.com.
6.2 Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You can access and update your personal data that the Platform collects and maintains as follows:
- To update data you provide directly, log into your account and update your account at any time.
- To terminate your account:
- If you are a student, log in to your profile settings page and change the detail as required.
- If you are a teacher, log in to your profile settings page and change the detail as required.
- If for any reason you wish to remove your account, either to leave the Platform, or in the case of a Teacher, temporarily suspend your profile, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note: even after your account is deleted or suspended, some or all of your data may still be visible to others, including without limitation any data that has been (a) copied, stored, or communicated by other users; (b) shared or communicated by you or others; or (c) posted to a third-party platform (for example Zoom Video conferencing). Even after your account is deleted, we retain your data for as long as we have a legitimate purpose to do so (and in accordance with applicable law), including to assist with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6.3 Our Policy Concerning Children
We recognize the privacy interests of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Children under 13 should not use the Platform without the consent and supervision of a parent or legal guardian.